Sunday, June 8, 2008

The First Appointment @ YC

Today was the actual first appointment with my bridal shop. I had my 2 sistas, Ying and Yen, my mum, my aunty and mr bf to come along with me. I was attended by the lady boss herself. We met one another once, and had basic understanding of one another too.

For today's appointment, she told me that she had prepared a few gowns for me to try on. I would say she does have a good understanding of what kind of gowns I will look nice in, however, none of the gowns are perfect. I am not saying that their gowns are not nice. What happened was, there is something that I like about every different gown, but I could not find a single gown that has everything i like. Even though, I have still shortlisted 2 out of so many I have tried. One that looks vintage and the other one that looks simple and classy.

I noticed a similarity as compared to doing my house. I cannot decide whether to choose something with style and unique, or to go with something that is timeless and classy.

I thought I will have my wedding gown made to measure (MTM) because my package includes either piece MTM. Yvonne wanted to create something that can reveal my body shape at the waist line and that looks sexy on me for my evening gown (EG).

Yet, I requested to try on one can-can looking EG in beautiful, unique orange and black beading on the rack. It caught my eye. Never did we expect, it turned out really stunning. Mr bf likes it too. Including the rest except Yen who took awhile to like it. Unfortunately, Yvonne has enough material to make only one exclusive piece. She was telling us that the material is from Italy and it is too expensive for her to make too many pieces with it for her packages available would not be able to cover the cost. Then, she took out another itlaian purchased material in yellow with black french lace for me to try. It is simply gorgeous!! Just so princess!!

I dreamt a fairytale like wedding. I have no idea what theme. I was thinking, if i am going to choose that vintage one, the theme will be it and vice versa.

All I could say now is, I really like both EG that I have tried on. Ying loves both too. I think the rest as well. Sooo.. which one? which one?

I can't wait for my next appointment to come soon.

3 comments:

  1. Pictures!!

    I understand your headache...I can't figure out what theme I like, and even if we want our solemnisation on a separate date or not.

    So many planning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are only allowed to take pictures for the selected gowns. We were caught trying to take and lady boss actually scolded my aunty to be honest and "roll her eyes"!! CB! But I didn't want trouble to stress me further thus i didn't want to pursue the matter, i tried to keep my cool to maintain good relationship.

    Anyway, I won't recommend you to my BS. Try Bridal Veil or Thomson Wedding. They have beautiful gowns!!

    Don't ask me why i didn't sign with them. I am sick of answering the qn liao.

    Have you all chosen a date? I can send you some photography and videography info if u need. =) Give me a buzz if u need any help.

    ReplyDelete
  3. CB that Yvonne so fierce meh!!

    Hmm...next time bring ALL of us with you la. See if she dare to scold or not. Hurhur joking.

    Well, Bridal Veil does have very nice gowns...But my eyes are on Amanda Lee......Very very expensiveeeee I know.

    So any updates on the gown not?

    ReplyDelete